You can add a chore by tapping on the mop and bucket icon on your child’s tile and this will take you to your child's Chores page.
- Tap on the plus (+) icon in the bottom-right corner to add a new chore.
- You will be presented with some Chore ideas you can quickly select, or you can 'Add your own'.
- On the next screen you can edit the chore description, the schedule, the chore type and who the chore is assigned to.
Detailed steps for adding a chore:
1. Edit the chore name, image and notes
Tap anywhere in the box showing the chore image and name to edit the chore name, image, or notes.
Tap the ‘Done’ button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
2. Choose the schedule for the chore
By default the chore will be set for “Any day”, which means it can be completed once per allowance period (or once a week if your child doesn’t have an allowance period set up).
If you tap on this drop down box you will see some other scheduling options:
- This chore will repeat: here you can choose to repeat the chore daily (including alternating days), weekly (on specific days) or monthly (on specific dates).
- Set a due date: here you can set a specific date for the chore to be completed. This will make it a one off chore that doesn’t repeat.
We have a full guide to the scheduling options for Chores here.
3. Set the type of chore
- Must be done to get allowance: this chore will be tied to the regular allowance and impact how much allowance is given (depending on your chore settings, see our help guide here).
- Extra earner: you will set an amount to be paid for the completion of this chore. Once you approve the chore that amount will be paid immediately.
4. Set the time of day for the chore
By default the chore will be set to “Any time”, however you can change this to set the chore to be a morning, afternoon or evening chore. Just tap where it says 'Any time' and a drop down will appear with the time of day options.
5. Assign the chore to multiple children
At the bottom of the page you will see the names and avatars of your children. The child whose chores list you are on will automatically be selected. Tap on another child to also assign the chore to them.
Note: this will create a separate entry of this task for each child. They will not be linked, therefore the chore will show as needing to be completed by all of the children that you select.
A quick note! If you are adding a Chore for a day that has already passed in the allowance period, it won't appear until the next allowance period starts. At the top of your child’s chore page you will see the dates of this allowance period. Any chores outside of these dates will not show.
E.g. It's Thursday and Allowance gets delivered on Friday. You set a chore to repeat on Monday and Wednesday. Those chores won't appear on your child's list until Friday when the new Allowance period starts.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the team via the Contact Us button in the app or via email@example.com.