This could be because you have already signed up and created an account with the email address you're being invited with. When you sign up directly in the app, it creates a new separate family account. Only one email address can be linked to an account at any time, so this is why you can't use that same email address to join another account created by your family member.
To fix this:
- Delete the duplicate RoosterMoney account you created with your email address (this will free up your email address to join your other family member's one)
- Tap on the Menu (top right corner), tap on “Manage Account” and scroll down to 'Account Settings'
- At the bottom of the screen, tap 'Delete Account'
- If you’re having trouble with the above steps, please see our help guide for deleting your account here or get in touch with the team who can help you.
Once you’ve deleted the new account set up in error, just follow the link in your email that your family member sent you and set up your new account. Then go to the app on your phone and log in using your email address and password. You can then set up your profile and view the RoosterMoney family account as a secondary guardian.
Question: I know someone using RoosterMoney. How can I join their family account?
Answer: If another family member has created the RoosterMoney account and you'd like to join as a secondary parent or guardian, just get them to follow these steps:
- Ask the RoosterMoney account holder to send you a unique invitation link (Tap on the 'Menu' > 'Manage Family' > Add icon +)
- Once you've received their invite, follow this link which will take you to our website to set up your login details
- When you've created your login details, download the app and login with your details
You're now ready to help manage your children's pocket money together as part of one family account!
Question: I no longer want to be a Secondary Guardian on this account, how do I delete my profile?
Answer: You can either delete your Secondary Guardian account by following the steps above to delete your account from your app. Alternatively, you can ask the Primary Guardian to delete your account from their app by following the steps below:
- Tap Menu (in the top right) and tap “Manage Account”
- Under “Guardians” tap on the icon of the Secondary Guardian you would like to delete
- Scroll down and tap the red “Delete Account”
- Confirm the deletion
Still stuck or have any other questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at email@example.com!